Sunday, January 6, 2008

Yes, it has been a few days...

Work consumed much of the latter part of my week. Getting back in the swing of things was more difficult than I had anticipated it would be. Thursday and Friday were normal days with some additional routes taking me into the evening. Saturday was filled with taking the Girls Swim Team to a meet.

Thursday was getting Jon's car fixed. He had a problem with his battery and we had a new one put in along with some replacement wiring. Friday was getting Jan's car fixed. It was steadily running worse and getting horrid fuel mileage. It really was scary. We had a FULL tune-up done including new wires because they were the crux of the problem. Early afternoon I picked up Jan's car and left my truck. It was idling VERY high and wouldn't come down. Surprise, I had a cracked intake manifold. It should be done mid-morning on Monday. They worked on it all day on Saturday. Actually, Brad, my next-door neighbor was the one working on it at Goodyear here in town. Total cost for the three vehicles to be repaired...$2000.00 Total cost put into all three of these vehicles in the last four months...$5500.00 although thanks go to Dick and Peggy for covering $1500.00 of that to take care of Jon's run-in with a curb. I certainly hope this will be the last auto repair for quite some time. About half of this was normal maintenance and half of the maintenance was tires. Those things cost a fortune these days.

Yea, this afternoon I finally cleared a bit of space out of the garage. The brother of a friend came over and picked up my band saw this afternoon. I donated it to his new business. He's a cabinet maker and just started a new business with a friend. He should get lots of use out of this bandsaw. It was merely sitting in my garage taking up space for the last few years. It's not an item I use frequently and I only bought it because it was priced right at a garage sale some years ago.

I'm feeling the need to take more pictures. I cleaned the lens on my camera last night and really need to get out and snap some photos. Unfortunately Jan and I are both under the weather with severe colds that make our entire bodies just hurt. Perhaps tomorrow I can get out with the camera after I pick up my pickup :)

The weather has been stellar these last few days. On Friday it began to warm up just above freezing. Saturday hovered around fifty-six degrees and today it's downright balmy with the temperature feeling a very warm sixty-two. Yea! Tomorrow it will be warm, similar to today, although beginning Tuesday it drops steadily for the next seven days. That's too bad.

Question for the day. I've been pondering this lately and cannot find anything definitive in the news. "Has Fidel Castro turned over control of Cuba to his brother "Raul Castro?" Fidel has not appeared in anything other than a carefully scripted government news blog in nearly eighteen months. Is he transitioning or has he already transitioned?

Picture for the day. Here's a cute outline made with shrubs at a McDonalds in Denmark. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home